Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Officially Sick

As a kid, being sick really isn't that bad!

Sure, you feel miserable, but you get to sit around all day watching video games and TV, you don't have to go to school, Mom makes you jell-o, pudding, and chicken soup, you get to sleep all day-- dude, that is posh!

Now, I'm experiencing my first time as a sick parent and the whole experience has definitely degraded. No matter how bad you feel, you still have to go to school, still have homework to do, still have to change diapers, still have to make food to feed hungry little tummies (including your spouses), still have to do the laundry (cause everyone WILL eventually run out of clean underwear), still need to vacuum and do dishes.

Pretty much, life continues as normal except for the fact that your operating system is running at 40% instead of 110%.

I don't know how mom's do it. I never remember my mom being really sick, but then again, she was kind of an Iron Woman.

My strategy- take Vitamin C, drink plenty of OJ and water, order take-out, take a hot bath while baby plays in his entertainment saucer, sleep while baby does and PRAY PRAY PRAY that I feel better by finals next week.

3 comments:

  1. Why isn't your hubby cooking you dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the?!? I made dinner last night. I made a salad and reheated the lasagna in the microwave. +100 points for me.

    I'll give you pity points, but not on meal preparation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL- I was mostly referring to Sander's meals and my lunches.
    Luckily we had lasagna leftovers to finish yesterday. But, Casey's stressed out enough, and gets home late enough from work that I don't want to make him cook too, so I'm thinking either take-out tonight or sausage with red beans and rice. :)

    ReplyDelete